Monday, January 21, 2013

Film Review: Winter Break 1/5

I wanted to start doing what I said I would in my first post ever, which is writing my thoughts on some films I see. For the sake of brevity and keeping your attention, I'mma make dis quick.

Silver Linings Playbook:

SOOO GOOD! Probably one of my favorites I've seen in a while. I'm a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence; I think she is hilarious, and coupled with Bradley Cooper, the film just ebbs with hilarity. Because Cooper's dealing with bipolar disorder and trying to get back his ex-wife, J-Law with the death of her husband, and Robert Deniro with OCD, the movie does deal with an array of internal conflict, something I found refreshing (who doesn't like a flawed character to relate to?). Also, a big part of the plot is the two characters preparing for this dance competition. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say their dance performance is a special thing to watch (pure love for them both). I left the theater satisfied, which is a toss-up when it comes to indie films. My only complaint was all the F-bombs, but even then most of them were well-placed if that makes any sense to say.

1 comment:

What do you think? Tell me (just be nice).